Saturday, October 29, 2011

Edible Adventures Update


Carrisa

Initially this blog was inspired by my daughter Carrisa and the powerful decision she made to change her health destiny through dietary change. I wanted to record and commemorate our journey together and the time we spent in the kitchen, garden, and farmer's markets during the summer of 2010.  During that memorable summer we posted photos of some of our favorite kitchen adventures and included many recipes.  Edible Adventures became a scrapbook of our summer fun together.

Now that Carrisa is away at school our kitchen collaboration is not as easy and takes place long distance.  Those frenzied summer months that we spent in the kitchen together have given way to recipes shared over the telephone or e-mailed to each other.

We are both dedicated to seeking out the very best food that we can, favoring what is locally available and in season, and preparing our food with loving attention.

Carrisa continues to cook up delicious whole food meals for herself while maintaining a busy work and school schedule.  She tells me that she does a lot of her cooking on the weekend.

I continue to shop at farmer's markets and spend enormous amounts of time in the kitchen.   I am currently perfecting and refining recipes that will eventually go into a cookbook.  Because I am a cook that does not always follow a recipe and often feels inclined to create the "dish of the moment" I am learning to discipline myself and take more careful measurements of the food that I cook.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's great that you are so intuitive in the kitchen when making food, but yes it can be tricky to remember to jot down measurements when you are creating a recipe for a cookbook that you want other people to be able to replicate :D

    ReplyDelete