Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Whole Foods Diet - Before and After

Before - May 2010

After - January 2011
















I am an advocate of the Weston A. Price Foundation and its dietary guidelines.  I put the diet to the test this summer.  My daughter Carrisa, who wanted to learn how to prepare healthier food, came to stay with me during her break from college.  We had a glorious summer together.  It was like being in a cooking school every day.  We hiked together early in the morning.  We gardened and grew our own organic vegetables, we shopped at local farmer's markets, and we cooked THE MOST AMAZING FOOD.  We made it a point to never deprive ourselves, in the dietary sense of the word, and made delicious, nutrient-dense food our daily fare.

Kudos To Carrisa

I have to give credit to Carrisa.  No matter how wonderful the WAPF dietary guidelines are, no matter how much cooking Mom was willing to do, it would not have made a difference if Carrisa had not been 100% committed to making a change.

Carrisa is back in school now and she has been amazingly consistent in choosing the highest quality nutrient-dense food that she can find. Carrisa does not compromise.  Even while she maintains a busy work and school schedule she still manages to find time to prepare her own meals. She is an inspiration to me and I believe that the good results that she has experienced speak for themselves.

You can check out the dietary guidelines for the Weston A. Price Foundation in my September 3, 2010 post.

2 comments: