Sunday, November 20, 2011

Quail Eggs


Quail Eggs

I love to try new things - especially when it comes to food.  When I found a petite package of quail eggs at the market in Santa Barbara I could not resist buying them.  Quail eggs are truly beautiful to look at.  Each egg is different with distinct pearly brown markings.  The inside of the egg shell is tinted a delicate blue color.  Quail eggs are SMALL. Though you cannot tell it from the picture they are actually no larger than the end of my thumb.  I made 5 quail eggs for breakfast this morning.  The five eggs together were about the same size as one large chicken egg.  I found the flavor of quail eggs rich and delicious.  What I like about eating quail eggs is that you get a bit of yolk in every bite.  

I think quail eggs would be amazing in a bento box lunch!

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of the quail eggs!! They look so pretty~ I know I've tried them once, but I can't remember if I liked them or not...but I like that there is a yolk in every bite since that is the best tasting part or any egg! :) I never knew that they were more nutritious than chicken eggs, that is really interesting. Also, I liked the description of the inside of the egg being tinted a slight blue color, all very interesting details! :)

    ReplyDelete