Monday, October 14, 2013

Edible Adventures On A Local Hiking Trail

Since I was not completely satisfied with my hiking performance last weekend Dan and I decided to try a local hiking trail this weekend so that I can begin to experiment with - and hopefully eventually master - how best to fuel myself on those occasions that I take longer hikes.

We drove 45 minutes to a trailhead that is situated off Little Sycamore Road in the Santa Monica Mountains.  The 2-1/2 hour loop trail that we took on Saturday is called Mishe Mokwa and is part of the larger Back Bone Trail that affords beautiful views, such as Inspiration Point, of the sea below.

Mishe Mokwa - Santa Monica Mountains

There was plenty of uphill and downhill terrain, peppered with beautiful views, and the trail is full of loose rocks and gravel.  The hiking experience at Mishe Mokwa is not as challenging as the Sierras where Dan and I hiked last weekend - but it is more challenging than the trails I usually visit.

Kadota Fig Snack

No comments:

Post a Comment