Sunday, September 14, 2014

Delicious Refreshing Heat Remedy

As the temperature rises I continue to find new ways to stay comfortable.

One of the best ways to stay juicy and hydrated in hot dry weather is to drink plenty of protiotic-rich fermented beverages.  They are super hydrating, refreshing, full of beneficial bacteria and enzymes, a great source of electrolytes, and they taste delicious.

Although my refrigerator is fully stocked with a variety of water-kefir sodas such as nettle-ginger soda, chamomile soda, elderberry soda, june berry soda, and strawberry soda, and I will be hard-presssed to find more room in it for more soda, I decided to venture down a new avenue of soda making today.

In anticipation of more warm days ahead, as well as the possibility of parched friends stopping in, I began four double batches of lacto-fermented soda today.  Strawberry-rose soda, elderflower soda, nettle-ginger soda and lemon balm soda are sitting on my counter in the first stage of fermentation.

I am on my way to the kitchen to pour myself a refreshing glass of soda.

No comments:

Post a Comment