Saturday, March 17, 2012

While Mums Away, Carrisa Comes Out To Play!

Carrisa
Mum is away at her calligraphy class and I thought I'd steal away on her computer for a bit.  If anyone saw me right now I'm sure they'd laugh!  I've got a heating pad on one side of my neck because I woke up with a kink in it, and I have an ice cold towel (fresh from the freezer) wrapped around my face like a bandit would tie a bandana in an old western.  The ice cold towel/bandana is an attempt to calm and pacify the unsightly rash-like inflammation that suddenly appeared on my face/neck after using sunscreen that had PABA in it.  So here I am, hoping no one will peek through the window and see me in my high-fashion, straight-from-the-runway style.

Excuse me, as I elegantly sip my fresh strawberry banana milkshake and enjoy the tunes of Loreena McKennitt, while imagining I am one of those stylish hip bloggers that people secretly envy.

But, why am I here on Mum's computer writing about how ridiculous I look?

Don't worry, I'll get down to business.

I flew in on Saturday to visit Mums for Spring Break.  I am free from the university for one whole week! Huzzah!*enter applause and throw confetti*  Food in our family is serious business, even more so, since we began to incorporate the dietary teachings of Weston A. Price into our lives. But, while most families make memories by going to museums, the beach, camping, or traveling to exotic locales, my family makes most of their memories in the kitchen.  Most often we start a conversation with "Remember when we cooked...", "Remember that time we made....", or "Oh yes! I remember now, that was the summer we baked..."  Our memories aren't marked by the vacations we took or the places we visited, but by what we cooked, baked, and most important, what we ate.

So it is only natural that the first place we stopped on the way home from the airport was...*enter drum roll*... you guessed it... a local health food store!  As we shopped Mum asked me what I usually eat so she would know what food to buy.  When she asked I would shrug my shoulders and say "whatever." My blasé attitude lasted only long enough to get me to the dairy section of the store where I saw white beams of glowing light.  My heart raced and fluttered, and I believe I may have even heard faint tones of angelic trumpets, as I walked hypnotically toward the sacred light.  Blinded to all else that lay upon the shelf I was overcome with joy when right before me was a beautiful jug of Organic Pastures Fresh Raw Whole Milk!

*Glowing not Shown
Oh! what joyous raptures and praises were uttered -  comparable only to Shakespeare or the 100 Love Sonnets of Pablo Neruda.

We bought the milk.

As soon as we arrived home I immediately ripped off the lid and poured myself a glass.   

I delicately put the glass to my lips and daintily tasted the milk, savoring the full flavor of it.  This delicacy did not last long.  Soon I was guzzling it. 

As a side note, I purchase raw milk from a local source in the state that I am from, but nothing, and I mean nothing! Compares to milk from Organic Pastures!  I think it is the best raw milk I have EVER tasted!  Mark McAfee, if you're reading this, I am a big fan!

Seriously, if you haven't given Organic Pastures milk a try, WOW, you are missing out!  Best milk ever!  It can turn frowny faces upside down, and create sunshine on a cloudy day.  Run to the store, fellow Californians and drink up!

No comments:

Post a Comment