Thursday, July 31, 2014

Delicious Farmer's Market Fare



Beautiful Summer Color!

During the warmer times of the year when all the luscious summer produce is at the peak of perfection I make most of my food preparations during the cooler parts of the day.

Today I visited the farmer's market and brought home arm-loads of produce.  Today I found organic tomatoes, yellow squash, cucumbers, snap peas, fresh peaches, strawberries, wild sage honey, fresh black figs, corn on the cobs, yams and sweet potatoes.

Fresh peaches and strawberries make the BEST late afternoon snack btw.

When I am not in the mood for salad I often make a pot of soup.  Tonight I am making a wonderful Italian Minestrone.  It is one of my favorite soups and is chock full of beautiful farmer's market vegetables and beans.

When I team this soup up with a slice of sourdough bread it is wonderfully satisfying - a regular meal in a bowl.

Tonight my neighbor Suzanne is making a sourdough pizza on her outdoor grill.  Now that is a great idea - and she is going to send a slice to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment