Saturday, June 29, 2013

Good Food Memory


Food memories can be awesome.  Several years ago I visited a rare and unusual place called Kayenta in  Southern Utah.  The Kayenta community is planned with respect for the environment - which includes plenty of open land, fantastic views of red rock and blue sky, as well as earthen dwellings that seem to melt into the landscape.

While exploring a beautiful desert labyrinth and Coyote Gulch Art Village my companions and I stopped for lunch at the Xetava Gardens Cafe.  

It was a hot day - as is often the case in Southern Utah.  I ordered a grass-fed beef steak salad.  It was awesome!  The steak was done to perfection - sliced thin over romaine lettuce and served with ranch dressing.

It was one of those mouth-watering and completely satisfying food experiences that you always remember afterward.

Now when the weather gets into the triple digits and I don't know what sounds good - I remember that steak salad - good food, and good company.

No comments:

Post a Comment