Monday, June 24, 2013

Vegan Blueberry Smoothie

This past month or so I have been exploring variations on a theme of smoothies.

Today I intend to go shopping for ingredients. Meanwhile, I have been using ingredients that I already have on hand.

When I make a smoothie using a raw/vegan protein powder, which I do every so often, and which can give a smoothie a powdery flavor, I like to add either a fresh slice of ginger or a fresh slice of lemon with the peel on or both for that matter.  Lemon, in particular, gives the flavor of the smoothie a lift.

Vegan Blueberry Smoothie

1 c. coconut water
1/4 c. coconut milk
1 T coconut oil
1 T chia seeds
1 1/2 c. organic frozen blueberries
1 organic banana
1 scoop raw protein powder
slice fresh ginger or slice of lemon with peel

Blend until smooth and creamy.

No comments:

Post a Comment