Sunday, June 30, 2013

Raw Milk Smoothie

I am seldom tempted to venture very far from home when the weather is hot.  So this morning I got out of bed earlier than I ordinarily would to take a walk in a wooded canyon area that is not too far from where I am staying.  By the time I got back I was seriously ready for a substantial smoothie.  Trying to avoid my tendency for food ruts - and as you will note from my various smoothie posts - I have been trying to vary my smoothie each morning.  Here is what I came up with today.

Raw Milk Smoothie

1 1/2 c. raw milk
1 organic banana
3/4 c. frozen organic blueberries
1 slice fresh ginger
3 egg yolks

Blend milk, banana, blueberries and ginger until smooth and creamy.  Pour into a mason jar with a screw on lid along with 3 egg yolks and shake until the egg yolks are incorporated into the smoothie.  This prevents the healthy fats in the yolks from oxidizing or degrading.

No comments:

Post a Comment