Monday, May 13, 2013

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie

We are in the midst of unbelievable hot weather all of a sudden here in southern California.  When I woke up this morning I knew I had better get out early if I wanted to hike.  I was on the trail by 6:30 and it was already heating up.

When I got back from the hike I was SUPER hot and SUPER hungry.

It seemed to me that a tall smoothie was in order.

I got the idea and concept for Pumpkin Pie Smoothie from a blog I discovered this weekend.

voogtrecipes.blogspot.com

Mary has used the Weston A. Price Foundation dietary information along with the GAPS diet to heal herself from major digestive problems, and infertility among other things.  Her blog is loaded with information and recipes that I am just beginning to explore.

I am pretty excited about this smoothie because I feel like I am just beginning to unlock the secret to making smoothies that work for me - smoothies that are nourishing and sustaining.

I seldom follow a recipe exactly - so here is what the smoothie I made this morning looked like:

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie

1 c. water
1/3 c. baked acorn squash left-over from dinner
1/2 avocado
1 whole backyard or pastured egg
1 T. coconut oil
dash of vanilla extract
dash of almond extract
1/4 t. pumpkin pie spice
green stevia to taste (I did not use 1 - 2 T raw honey - but will try it next time)

Blend everything until smooth and creamy.  Pour into a tall glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment