Sunday, May 5, 2013

When A Smoothie Is Not Just For Breakfast

Friday's Class on Raw Food Breakfasts has completely re-inspired me to continue my experiment with alternative breakfast food.

For those of you who find yourself in a breakfast rut have you ever considered a raw food breakfast for a change?

Here are some of the offerings that we prepared friday night.

Antioxidant Slushi
with cherries, beets, apple, ginger

Grain-Free Granola
with cinnamon, dry cranberries, raisins, almond milk

Coconut Smoothie
with spirulina and calimyrna fig

Coconut Pecan Porridge
with sliced strawberrries

Almond Milk Smoothie
with acai and blueberries
 
I know what you are thinking - there are an awful lot of smoothies on the menu  - and aren't I the one (yes - self-confessed) that would be better off avoiding smoothies at breakfast all together - unless I have nothing better to do than have second breakfast that day?

Irregardless of my track record with seemingly all smoothie concoctions at breakfast time I have never completely given up hope that I will one day find a smoothie that will completely satisfy me and hold me until lunch time.

Meanwhile - who says that smoothies are only for breakfast?  I have found that a smoothie snack in between meals is delicious and satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment