Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Stir-Fry On The Fly

The vegetable bins were fairly depleted this morning - as today is my designated shopping day.  When the vegetable bins are depleted and you are me - the great vegetable breakfast eater -  what do you do?

I scrounged around and found an odd assortment of things - some fresh ginger, some organic romaine lettuce just beginning to wilt, and one chive blossom harvested from the terracotta pot on my deck.

That did not stop me.

I sauteed the ginger in coconut oil until fragrant - then stirred in rough cut romaine and swirled it around until nice and wilted but still retaining some of the crunch.  I removed the stir-fry from the heat - and quickly mixed in a sauce of gluten-free tamari, rice wine, and coconut sugar.

I served my improvisational stir-fry in a favorite porcelain bowl with tiny purple chive blossoms sprinkled on top. along with a small piece of fish left over from yesterday.

Voila!  Breakfast.

So perhaps necessity really is the mother of invention.

No comments:

Post a Comment