Thursday, April 25, 2013

Breakfast Food Adventures

Those of you who follow my posts know that I made a goal last week to eat a wider variety of food at breakfast.   I had gotten into a pretty significant food rut - lock-stepped into the habit of preparing only certain things at breakfast.  One advantage of eating a wider variety of foods is that we are more likely to get a wider variety of nutrients and micro-nutrients than when we eat the same thing day in and day out.

Having just completed my one week goal today -  I have to admit that I have enjoyed the journey out of the breakfast food rut.  Though some breakfasts were better than others - overall I have enjoyed the variety, creativity, and experimentation. 

This morning I had a bowl of miso soup made with sea veggies, dried shrimp, bok choy, carrots, and an egg.

Simple - but it kept me fueled on a 1 hour hike and a fairly strong yoga practice this morning.  Not bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment