Friday, April 12, 2013

Colorful Food

Here I am.  I did not know that changing up my diet would be this easy.  I think my body is welcoming the lighter fare.

Today is actually day three of my one-week vegan cleanse - but this post is what I ate yesterday - which is confusing I know.

This has been pretty fun actually and I am enjoying playing with all the colorful food.

I started with green and made a delicious green juice with fennel, green apple, kale and wheat grass. 

Then I moved on to purple and made a smoothie with blueberries, flax seed and banana.

I had broccoli, spinach, bok choy, and kale for more green - which I served with black forbidden rice and pickled burdock root.  I am sauteing most of my veggies in coconut oil.


I had some sprouted steamed brown lentils for protein.  The lentils were pretty boring looking and tasting - so I need to figure out something better.

When I had a guest over for dinner I ate everything but the meat.  The baked orange yam with coconut oil was particularly satisfying.

Right now I am craving a purple yam. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm curious on the pickled burdock root. I've had burdock soda, but that's it... and it's always been a blend of burdock and other things, so I am not certain what it tastes like. I've been wanting Purple sweet potatoes for a few months now... but it appears they are not in season. Either that, or Good Earth is conspiring against me and stopped carrying my Japanese sweet potatoes.

    ReplyDelete