Monday, April 15, 2013

Six Days Vegan

I can't believe that I am six days into my one week vegan cleanse.

I have nothing special to report today except that we have had some fairly cool cloudy weather the past couple of days here in southern California and I find my taste is leaning toward warming and comforting macrobiotic style meals - which is not surprising considering my macrobiotic training.

This morning I made quinoa with ground chia seeds, burdock root pickle,  and miso soup with all of last night's left-over veggies thrown in.

For lunch I made black beans (slow cooked in a crock pot) - yes! the black beans finally sprouted - and quinoa with steamed colorful veggies such as bok choy, kale, carrots and squash.  I dressed the meal up with a homemade dressing.

Both meals were fairly easy to put together.

Tonight I am really taking the easy way out and meeting a friend for dinner at Lyfe Kitchen in Culver City - reputed to have healthy delicious vegan/gluten free meals.

P.S. - Not that crazy about Lyfe Kitchen.  The meal was skimpy and I ended up eating again when I got home last night.  In fact, I ate right up until bedtime.  My favorite vegan eatery is Real Foods Daily.  If I am going to go out for a vegan meal - make it Real Foods Daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment