Sunday, April 28, 2013

Eat Green

A Rainbow Of Colorful Food

Spring is the time to think green - in honor of spring I kicked off my first raw food class of the year in my kitchen friday night.

The focus of the class was how to get more green food into the diet with a special emphasis on how to prepare kale and collard greens which - because of their fibrous nature - will present some special challenges in the raw - unless properly prepared.

I offered some of my personal favorite recipes for salads, soups, and smoothies - all culled from years of preparing raw food cuisine - a long with a slew of ideas for serving them.

With only a blender, food processor, cutting board and ceramic knife we prepared some seriously delicious green cuisine.

Take a look at the menu:

Marinated Collard Greens
Green Power Soup
Kale Salad
Kale Slaw
Spinach Soup - with an creamy almond base
Hydrating Green Smoothie

2 comments:

  1. I think that's a great sounding class! It's hard to come up with creative ideas to prepare and cook leafy greens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I wish you could have been there!

    ReplyDelete