Tuesday, April 16, 2013

DAY SEVEN

Well here I am at day seven - the finish line for my one-week vegan cleanse.

Overall I am totally impressed and surprised at how easy it was.  I never felt uncomfortable.  I did get a bit hungry a few times - but that was only from a lack of planning on my part.  

I think it was a nice respite from the heavier and fattier foods I had been indulging in all winter and I feel light and somewhat refreshed for lack of a better word.  I think the respite or refreshment could not have come at a better time - as spring is the traditional time for lightening up the diet to prepare the body for warmer days ahead.

As an aside - I believe that I slept a tad better this week too.

I can definitely see myself doing this again and perhaps making it a spring-cleanse tradition.

What the whole thing has inspired me to do on a day-to-day basis - and not just a once a year basis - is re-examine my macro-nutrient ratios and make some adjustments.  I want to play with the ratios and reduce - though not eliminate - animal fat and protein overall and see how I do in the next year.   I will be interested to see if reduced animal fat and protein helps ameliorate some of the imbalances that Dr. Pendleberry is currently treating me for.

No comments:

Post a Comment