Tuesday, April 23, 2013

What Did You Eat For Breakfast?

This week the focus is on breakfast food.

What does your breakfast typically look like?

Are you in a food rut and eat the same thing for breakfast every morning?  Or are you more adventuresome and mix things up a lot?

Does breakfast keep your blood sugar stable until lunch?

Does breakfast support your unique energy needs - whether you are working at a desk - or training as an athlete?

As you know I am a big proponent of making allowances for individual differences when it comes to food and what we eat.  What works for some most likely will not work for everybody.

 For instance I LOVE eating vegetables for breakfast.

I imagine that there are a lot of folks out there that would find eating fresh vegetables for breakfast rather strange. 

Fresh vegetables - since they don't come in a box or package - are one of those foods that require some TLC.  You generally have to do a fair amount of work to prepare a delicious dish of vegetables.

Rather than spend a lot of precious time in the morning washing and chopping vegetables - I re-warm the vegetables from the night before.  This morning I had a well-seasoned melange of sauteed onion, carrot, broccoli and bitter greens with poached egg for breakfast.

Eating left-overs for breakfast saves time in the morning, really satisfies my hunger and keeps me feeling well nourished until it is time for me to eat lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment